- Dairy Farm Management Professional
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Drinking Milk Healthy for Humans?"
“Bacteria in raw milk cause several concerns. There is the concern that a potentially dangerous human pathogen may enter raw milk and lead to problems. This issue always has to be recognized and monitored due to the obvious public health concern…Certain bacterial contaminants and their associated enzymes and toxins may even survive pasteurization and create problems in manufactured milk products.”
“Milk Quality Issues-Practical Considerations,” www.moomilk.com, Jan. 2000
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- DeLaval Inc.
- West Agro Inc.
- PhD, Dairy Farm Management, Michigan State University
- MS, Reproduction and Lactation Physiology, Michigan State University
- BS, Animal Sciences, Macdonald College, 1968
- None found