- Project Director at the Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility Campaign for Safe Food
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Drinking Milk Healthy for Humans?"
“Numerous scientific studies suggest IGF-1 [insulin-like growth factor-1] in milk survives digestion and enters the bloodstream in sufficient quantities to potentially trigger increased cancer rates… Avoid unnecessary risks to your health by checking the labels and buying only dairy products free from rBGH-treated [recombinant bovine growth hormone] cows.”
“rBGH-Free Oregon Campaign Fact Sheet,” www.oregonpsr.org (accessed Mar. 28, 2007)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Project Director, Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility Campaign for Safe Food, 2003-present
- Managing Director, Northwest Earth Institute, 2000-2002
- Chief Executive Officer, Oregon Division of the American Cancer Society, 1993-1998
- Staff, American Cancer Society, 1977-1993
- MA, Akron University, 1977
- BA, Mount Union College, 1972
- None found
- Quoted in: