- Chief Science Advisor for the Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibilitiy (PSR)
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Drinking Milk Healthy for Humans?"
“Numerous scientific studies suggest IGF-1 [insulin-like growth factor-1] in milk survives digestion and enters the bloodstream in sufficient quantities to potentially trigger increased cancer rates… Avoid unnecessary risks to your health by checking the labels and buying only dairy products free from rBGH-treated [recombinant bovine growth hormone] cows.”
“rBGH-Free Oregon Campaign Fact Sheet,” www.oregonpse.org (accessed Sep. 26, 2007)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, MDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to milk. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to milk.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Community Health, Portland State University
- Chief Science Advisor, Campaign for Safe Food, Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Physician, Internal Medicine, Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center
- Former Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Community Health, Portland State University
- Former Senior Scholar, Center for Ethics in Health Care
- Board of Directors, Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility
- MD, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 1990
- Organizer of the Public Health and Social Justice website
- Quoted in: