- Pro to the question "Is Drinking Milk Healthy for Humans?"
“A myth which often re-surfaces in media reports is that milk may not be beneficial to bone health. Bone health experts are concerned that this may be causing confusion among the general public and causing many people to avoid milk and dairy foods unnecessarily – when in fact they are among the best sources of bone-healthy nutrients…
– Dairy products, including milk, are an excellent source of calcium, phosphorus, protein and other nutrients that are important both for bone and overall health…
– Evidence strongly supports the benefits of dairy products for bone and muscle health. Studies have shown that bone loss is reduced and there is an improvement in muscle mass and strength with adequate dairy intake.
– Milk and other dairy foods are the most readily available sources of calcium… It is important to note that people would need to eat numerous servings of kale or broccoli or other non-dairy foods to get the equivalent amount of calcium provided by just one serving of yoghurt, cheese, or milk.”
“Milk and Other Dairy Foods Are Good for Bone Health,” iofbonehealth.org, Aug. 16, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is a registered not-for-profit, non-governmental foundation based in Switzerland. IOF has been granted Roster Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
IOF functions as a global alliance of patient societies, research organizations, healthcare professionals and international companies working to promote bone, muscle and joint health.
We do this by:
- Empowering people to take action to prevent, diagnose and treat bone, muscle and joint disorders
- Campaigning for policy change to make bone, muscle and joint disorders a healthcare priority
- Assisting healthcare professionals to provide the best possible care to people with bone, muscle and joint disorders
- Supporting national osteoporosis societies to maximize their effectiveness in promoting bone, muscle and joint healthThe IOF vision is a world in which people of all ages benefit from good bone, muscle and joint health, free of fragility fractures due to osteoporosis.”
“About Us,” iofbonehealth.org (accessed Oct. 2, 2018)
“To promote the maintenance of bone and musculoskeletal health as a worldwide priority.”
“Vision, Mission and Goals,” iofbonehealth.org (accessed Oct. 2, 2018)
- None found
- Quoted in: