- Licensed nutritionist
- Pro to the question "Is Drinking Milk Healthy for Humans?"
“Milk is a very good source of high-quality protein, which can be divided into two categories, casein and whey proteins… Whey proteins are one of the two main families of milk proteins. In addition to being good for muscle growth and maintenance, they may decrease blood pressure and improve mood… Milk contains small amounts of ruminant trans fats. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is the most studied and has been linked with several health benefits… Milk is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, calcium, riboflavin, and phosphorus. It is often enriched with other vitamins, especially vitamin D.”
“Milk 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Effects,” healthline.com, Oct. 31, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, MDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to milk. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to milk.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Medical Reviewer, Healthline Media, 2017-present
- Licensed nutritionist, Directorate of Health, Iceland, 2009-present
- Writer and Scientific Reviewer, Authority Nutrition, 2014-2017
- Innovation and Product Development Manager, Matorka, 2013-2014
- PhD, Human Nutrition, University of Iceland, 2013
- MS, Human Nutrition, University of Iceland, 2007
- BS, Biology, University of Iceland, 2005
- Twitter handle: @AtliArnarson
- Quoted in: